Monday, September 05, 2005

Sending happy thoughts...

As Paul and I were driving home tonight from NC, we frequently ran into military convoys carrying medical supplies, water, and presumably food and other goods. I can only assume they were headed to the Gulf Coast to help out. There were so many of them. I was wishing there was some way I could tell them how much I appreciated their effort. I thought about giving the "Peace" sign, but was afraid it might be misinterpreted. I considered the "I Love You" sign, but thought that was a little too personal. I didn't have any paper to work up a "Thank You" sign, so that wasn't going to work. The best I could come up with was to send out my happy thoughts, well wishes, and appreciation into the cosmos and hope that somehow those thoughts reach them.

So, with the click of my "Publish Post" button, I am thinking of and praying for all who are involved in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Whether you be soldiers trying to distribute supplies and keep the peace, or the residents of the affected area who have lost some or all of their material possessions. I wish you whatever good can come of this situation and will help in whatever tiny way I can.

5 Comments:

Blogger Taylor Barriger said...

I like the good vibes method of communication. It's my favorite.
It's an amazing thing when people put in of themselves for a great cause. I believe these are the moments when reflect God's heart...Christians and none-Christians alike.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Taylor Barriger said...

[oh yeah 1st]

12:55 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I'm with you michelle. I wish there was more I could do. Even though I know in my heart that prayer is enough, it almost doesn't feel like it is enough in this situation.

[Oh yeah 2nd]

10:49 AM  
Blogger Taylor Barriger said...

yeah that's good but also sort of schetchy...tough... Isn't it sad how hard it is to trust people we don't know these days?

10:55 AM  
Blogger - said...

Good stuff, Michelle. Some folks from our church are headed to Biloxi, MS and I'm stoked about it. I'll borrow some of your happy thoughts, too.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home