Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Random Thoughts...

All we saw while we were in London were "Back the Bid" signs all over the place! Seems all that promotion worked...London will host the 2012 Olympics. Hats off to you, mates!

The G8 Summit begins today. Should be interesting to see what the outcomes will be.

Just finished reading Looking for God in Harry Potter by John Granger. Really interesting. Granger stretches his symbolism a bit, but overall it was a great read. Started Mary, Queen of Scots, and the Murder of Lord Darnley by Alison Weir. It's the story of one of the greatest historical mysteries. Lord Darnley was married to Queen Mary in the late 1500's and died in an explosion at their castle in 1567. The mystery lies in the fact that it was later discovered that Lord Darnley had been suffocated before the explosion. While several people stood to gain from his death, no one really knows who murdered him. Weir writes about the history surrounding this mystery and gives her guess as to who the murderer was.

I've been trying to post some pictures here on my blog and can't get the images to go through. I'm on the Create a Post page, I click the icon for Add Image (the little square that looks like a picture of mountains), I choose which picture(s) I want to post, and nothing happens. It starts the process, but never finishes. Any tips???

In celebrity news...Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck were recently married and confirmed that they are expecting a baby in the Fall. I'm not much of a Ben Affleck fan, but good for them if they're happy. My main concern at this point is how this pregnancy will effect my favorite show, Garner's "Alias."

Saw the movie "The Perfect Man" with Heather Locklear and Hilary Duff. It was surprisingly good. I mean, you know, chick-flick all the way, but really sweet and well-acted.

I've started listening to country music again. I can't help it!! I veered away from it during college because I was kind of tired of it after high school and was discovering new rock music, but lately I've been going back. Jennifer Nettles' band Sugarland is phenomenal!

Though I'm not quite ready for the students to come back, summer boredom is settling in. I only have a week and a half until CATS (Christian Artist Talent Search) for INSP, though, and that's one of my favorite shoots every year. After that, it will be one week until MegaFest (TD Jakes' ginormous conference for families in Atlanta), and then back to work and on to graduate school.

Peace. Out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

You can't really post pictures well that way....got to Hello at Picasa...and there is a "Blogger Bot" that is easy to post pictures from...e-mail me and I will give you more details for posting them.

I'm with you...I'm not ready for the students to come back yet...I have so enjoyed my summer.

Sugarland rocks my face off. For real!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Barrett said...

rednecks. haha.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Melissa - I heard that they'll write the pregnancy in also. Mixed feelings on that. This season ended with Vaughn (Michael Vartan) proposing to Sydney, her saying yes, him telling her that his name isn't really Michael Vaughn, and the two of them getting in a horrible car crash. So...maybe she'll find out she's pregnant with Vaughn's baby and that will further complicate things. Maybe it will be the Rambaldi baby (you fans know what I'm talking about), but they've kind of moved on from that storyline. Hmmm...

I had also heard that she wanted MV fired, but I don't think that's true. A lot of people think this will be the last season of Alias, and with a revelation like that at the end of last season, I don't think it would make sense to kill Vaughn. BUT...the SUV that hit them in the crash DID hit on his side, so, you never know!

I love "Whiskey For My Men" as well! I also LOVE TK's new song, "Not As Good As I Once Was."

3:02 PM  
Blogger Jenni Shaver said...

Michelle, I posted a picture that way, but it took a few times of closing the pop-up and trying again. If you get to the "done" screen, it should appear in your post. My favorite country song right now is Alcohol by Brad Paisley. And everyone should get back into country... is it easy to sing to and rarely has questionable lyrics. I love it.

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home