Wednesday, June 22, 2005

AFI's Top 10 Movie Quotes...

If you didn't get a chance to watch the broadcast of AFI's 100 Years...100 Movie Quotes last night, shame on you! :) Just kidding. Here are the Top 10...

10. You talkin' to me? - Taxi Driver
9. Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night. - All About Eve
8. May the force be with you. - Star Wars IV
7. All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my closeup. - Sunset Blvd.
6. Go ahead, make my day. - Sudden Impact
5. Here's looking at you kid. - Casablanca
4. Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. - The Wizard of Oz
3. I coulda been a contender. - On the Waterfront
2. I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse. - The Godfather

And the number one movie quote of all time....

1. Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. - Gone With the Wind

Since I, like many of you, frequently use movie lines in general conversation, I thoroughly enjoyed this list. What are some of your favorite movie lines?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenni Shaver said...

When I go to a movie and hear a great quote, I usually go home and look it up on imdb.com to find out what they really said and make sure I have it right. I only have you, Michelle, to thank for turning me on to that sight so many years ago in a small office somwhere on the EC campus.

I really liked a quote I heard in Kingdom of Heaven recently: Balian: "You go to certain death."
Hospitaller: "All death is certain. "

12:54 AM  
Blogger Celeste said...

"You had me at hello, You HAD ME AT HELLO!!!"

--suppposedly inspired k. chesney to write his country hit and marry renee

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home