Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Today in Entertainment...

Here are some items you may (or likely may not) be interested to see...

The chemistry is undeniable. I'm telling you Katie Holmes is just a filler! Oh, sure, I know she's now got a rock the size of Texas to seal the deal, but she's not the end goal. Just wait and see. Also, has anyone else thought about the fact that Tom Cruise is the same age as Brad Pitt. Katie Holmes is just two or three years younger than Angelina Jolie. Yet no one is making a huge deal about the age difference between Brangelina. Hmmm...maybe it's because KH is our little Joey Potter and AJ is the girl who carried a vial of blood around her neck.

One more Cruise item then I promise I'll stop. TC got squirted in the face by a fake microphone doing the press line at the London premiere of War of the Worlds. I saw the clip on FoxNews and it's hilarious. As Bird said it's like he didn't know what to do without a script. If you've ever seen Ben Stiller do TC on SNL's Celebrity Jeapordy, it was very much like that!

Whether or not you were watching Britney Spears' series "Chaotic," you should read the recap of at least the final episode (although, all of them are hilarious) which shows how Britney pulled off her "wedding" in secret. Warning: some bad language and lots of insults to the Spears-Federline clan abound!

Finally, the American Film Institute (AFI) will be presenting 100 Years, 100 Movie Quotes tonight on CBS. I'm betting on "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" for the Top 5! At AFI's site, you can see the 400 nominated quotes that were voted on to make up the top 100.

Enjoy your day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

Good call on the quote, Michelle! Numero Uno! Richard and I watched last night and had fun guessing the quotes as the clips rolled along. I knew most of them, but learned the origin of a few. I had forgotten about "Are you crying? THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!" Richard and I love quoting movies as a primary source of communication, so it was an education. Thanks for the tip!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Melissa - I don't know if MTV is replaying Chaotic, but they replay everything else to death, so I'd say there's a pretty good chance! :)

This is all I could find about the Tom Cruise incident and what he said - "I'm here giving you an interview, answering your questions and you do something really nasty ... you're a jerk ... jerk ... you're a jerk." He kept on saying "you're a jerk" over and over and over.

Iris, I'm so glad you and Richard got to watch the show! I loved it!

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle, I must say that with all the Bennifers and Brangelinas out there...TomKat is my favorite. Did you get my email about dysfunctional families?? Miss you! Love you! -Hannah D.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I just got your email back. Thanks!! Talk to you guys soon. Have fun at the beach! -Hannah

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home