Tuesday, June 07, 2005

An Unspoken Request...

I don't know if your church was like this, but when it came time to give prayer requests at the church where I grew up, several people would ask for prayer for this or that, then the pastor would ask for all of those who had "unspoken" requests to just raise their hand. That gave those who were too shy to stand up in front of everyone or whose request was too personal a chance to ask the community to pray for them without having to go into detail. Well, I am now raising my hand and asking you to remember an unspoken request. It's not something that I will ever be able to talk about, but it is very serious and very private. If you don't mind praying for a need you know nothing about, I and the people around me would appreciate your prayers. I'm not trying to be coy or mysterious by not going into the details. I wasn't even going to say anything about it, but then I thought...what's the point of being so connected to friends if I can't ask for something as serious as this when I really need it? Thanks for remembering me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

Michelle--I will be praying for you. I know that our God is a big God and he is able to "immeasurably more than we could ask for or imagine." (Ephesians 3:20).

10:31 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

yeah, michelle, I'll be praying

2:37 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Hey Michelle...just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers today!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home