Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Get by with a little help from my friends...

Yesterday Paul and I took a 7 mile hike (yes, you read that right...me on a 7 mile hike!) up Panther Creek (near Toccoa, GA) with Jason and Mary Brewer and Jonathan and Corrie Shirey. It was a beautiful day...warm, but shaded for most of the trail, so very pleasant...and we were by the water almost the whole time. The trail was 3.5 miles in, with a huge waterfall and shallow pool at the end. We were so thankful for the cool water once we got to the end of the trail!

The trail was fairly easy, but had several parts that were more difficult. There was more climbing and foothold seeking than I was expecting, but nothing too hard. During those times when it was more difficult, I was so thankful not to be out there alone. Whenever I needed it, I always had someone to seek out the way in front of me and show me how to continue. I always had a helping hand at the ready if I stumbled or needed steadying.

Hiking that trail made me think about the difficult times in life when I'm also very glad to be surrounded by good friends. It's such a blessing to have people to look up to who set a good example that I can follow when I might have a question. I feel so lucky to have friends who offer a supportive or steadying hand when life feels shaky and uncertain. Most of all, I'm thankful that no matter what happens in this life, no matter how difficult it may be, there is something beautiful and refreshing to look forward to at the end.

1 Comments:

Blogger hansen said...

you should try training for a ironman triathalon...2.4mile swim,110mile bike ride, 26 mile marethon run...my dad talked my brother and i into it...male pride is stupid thing sometimes

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home