Thursday, July 07, 2005

A bit of humor on a dark day...

I woke this morning to the sound of the telephone ringing. It was my dad asking if we were watching the news. There were reports of a terrorist attack in London and he thought we'd have a special interest in it since we had just been there a few weeks ago. We immediately turned on the tv and were horrified by what we saw. There were three tube trains and one double-decker bus that were attacked. From what they could tell, explosives went off in the trains between stations and on the bus while it was on the street. About 40 people were killed and more than 700 injured.

Having ridden on the public transit system in London so recently, this attack has hit very close to home for us. It can be hard to keep the fear and uncertainty at bay, but I hope this will be a time when people continue to come together and turn to God and peace instead of violence and revenge.

Here's a bit of British humor to hopefully brighten your day. As always, here's my disclaimer that I have not fully explored this website and only claim responsibility for what's on the page to which I direct you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home