Tuesday, September 26, 2006

TV Time...

So far, here's what I think of what's on tv this season. Yes, I know it's a lot of TV, but that's the joy of the dual-tuner DVR! :)

New shows I love...
* Studio 60 (NBC, Mondays, 10 pm) - I love everything about this one! The writing is great, the acting and chemistry is superb, and even the direction is interesting (watch for those long steadi-cam shots...they're awesome!). I was most concerned about Matthew Perry looking and acting like Chandler Bing, but he's actually doing a great job creating a completely different character. If you can only check out one new show this year, make it this one!

* Shark (CBS, Thursdays, 10 pm) - I like the main character and the premise of the show (a burnt out defense attorney teaching district-attorneys-in-training how to win). The writing and acting is a little obvious, but I think it will get better.

New shows I'm unsure about...
* Justice (FOX, Wednesdays, 9 pm) - I'm sticking by this one for a few more episodes because I heart Victor Garber, but other than him, I'm not really sold on the show. It may be one that eventually falls by the wayside.

* Six Degrees (ABC, Thursdays, 10 pm) - The show with the sweetest time slot this year (right after Grey's Anatomy) is slow, but okay so far. JJ Abrams is the executive producer, and I'll always love him for Alias, so we'll see.

New shows I hate...
* Smith - (CBS, Tuesdays, 10 pm) - Couldn't even get past the second commercial break. Just completely uninteresting and non-compelling acting and writing.

New shows I plan to check out, but haven't yet...
* Brothers & Sisters, Heroes, Jericho, Supernatural

Returning shows I love...
* Prison Break (FOX, Mondays, 9 pm) - totally drew me back in!

* The Ellen DeGeneres Show (M-F, check your local listings) - I had deserted Ellen last year and forgot how funny she is! She's added lots of new hilarious segments, so if you have the chance, definitely watch!

* Grey's Anatomy (ABC, Thursdays, 9 pm) - The season premiere was great and it seems like future episodes will be as well. This was the one I was most looking forward to returning!

* The Office (NBC, Thursdays, 8:30 pm) - Wonderful season premiere, but Jim better be back in Scranton soon!

Returning shows I may be getting tired of...
* House, Boston Legal

Returning show that's on notice...
* NCIS (CBS, Tuesdays, 8 pm) - I wasn't crazy about the premiere, but this is usually one of my favorite shows. I want to see less Ziva and more Gibbs, then we'll talk.

Returning shows left to check out...
* My Name is Earl, Numb3rs, The Amazing Race, Veronica Mars

Peace. Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home