Saturday, August 12, 2006

One for the books...

So, today was new student move-in day at EC. It's always a stressful, but exciting time, involving very little sleep and a whole lot of caffeine and sugar! So far, things seem to be going well. I just had the first official meeting with all of the new students (where they forced me to harp on curfew, even though I tried to skim over it...what is this curfew stigma? Is it a control thing? A developmental thing? All of the above?) and they seem to be excited to be here. I have an awesome new group of RA's who are just as excited to have them, so I'm looking forward to a great year.

In preparation for the students' arrival, I had these wonderful RA's do a "Room Condition Checklist". This form gives us an idea of what shape the room is in and lets the student/parent see that we are aware of the problem and will be trying to fix it asap.

One of the things to do on the checklist is make sure that all of the furniture which is assigned to a room is actually in the room. Furniture includes beds, desks, bookshelves, desk chairs, dressers, wardrobes, night stands, and bed shelves.

On one of the forms, one of my diligent and conscientious RA's had carefully written, "One night stand needed." Love it!!

Peace. Out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Rhodes said...

Hillarious!!!! If the new students are smart they'd do what I use to do. I would always move in earlier than everybody else. On the first day I'd go through the entire dorm I was staying in and go "shopping". I'd look to see if there was better furniture in other rooms that I wanted so I would trade out what ever crappy bed frame or chest of drawers I had in my room with something that was in better shape. Ohhh the days of EC move-in. Exciting but CRAZY!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home