Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Catching up...

Hello all of you in blogville. I've been sort of m.i.a. the last few weeks as this year got off to a great start. So, here I am, catching all of you up on what's been going on and what's on my mind...

* I'm excited about this year. The new students seem to be glad to be here and that always makes a big difference. In addition to continuing in my position as an RD, I'm also teaching a section of ET 101. I think it's going to be a fun class, and I'm looking forward to all the stuff we'll do this semester.

* The Oracle will be appearing on Faith Cafe in an episode that shoots next month. It's a very cool opportunity! The show shoots in Nashville, so we'll all be heading up there in just two weeks. I'm excited to spend some more time in Nashville. It's definitely one of the top places Paul and I are considering for our next move, so any time we can spend there is good, I think. Plus, I'll be meeting some TV people I haven't met before. The chance to network is always good!

* My classes at UGA are good so far. I have Statistics, which is totally uninteresting to me, but I'll suffer through it! And Theology and Culture which has proven to be really interesting. Right now we're reading a book called "Two Great Truths." It discusses the supposed contradictions between natural science and Christianity. Though the author claims to be a Christian, his views are sometimes in direct opposition to the Bible. I can't wait to get to the part in the book where the author deals with Jesus! More on this topic later.

* You may have noticed I'm not recapping Rock Star any more. I'm still watching, but I just ran out of time to type that much! I still like Dilana and Magni the best.

* I'm really excited about the new TV season starting up. Summer TV was really good with Monk, Psych, Project Runway, and Kyle XY to keep me busy, but Fall will always be TV kickoff time for me.

* I'm going to my first UGA game this weekend! It's opening day, so it should be a lot of fun!

I think that's it for now. If I haven't talked to you in a while, please catch me up on your life too!

Peace. Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home