Thursday, August 03, 2006

Rock Star - Week 5 Eliminations

I predicted the bottom three correctly! But before I get into that, at the opening of the show, Dave asks Dana if she indeed got the tattoo she mentioned on the previous episode. She says yes, and shows off a treble clef on her hip (pretty cool). She says she's going to get a bass clef for the other side. Dave suggests she puts it on the back side, the "low end, if you know what I'm saying." Um, no Dave, I don't know what you are saying, so stop talking. Geez, he is really testing my love!

So anyway, Ryan gets the encore and does a good job. It's a nice arrangement on the piano. I would've picked Storm, but I think they're consciously trying to pick a different person every week.

Jill is the first in the bottom three. She sings "Alone" by Heart and rocks it out. I wasn't sure if it would be enough to save her, but she ends up getting a standing ovation from Supernova! Gilby tells her they think she's made some "horrible creative choices" but she saved herself with the performance tonight. I think she's still on thin ice, though.

Patrice sings "Eternal Life" by Jeff Buckley. Her vocal chops cannot be denied and she really shows them off in this song. Though they still aren't blown away, Supernova decides to keep her around at least one more week.

Thus, Dana is the one going home. She sings "House of the Rising Sun" by The Animals (10 points if you knew who sang that before you read it!) and does a really good job. She still has that karaoke/Broadway element to her voice, but the improvement from a few weeks ago is undeniable. I really think she did the best that she could do. Unfortunately, her best wasn't good enough.

Some side notes about the show in general. I really dislike the director's style on this show, but I also hate the constant screaming of the crowd. Quiet them down already! No, not after a performance, but while Brooke is talking, geez, give it a break.

I also hate that they officially refer to Tommy Lee as "the Hatchet Man" since he's the one who announces who's going home. However, I love that he pulls his hoodie up before he makes the announcement...it has devil horns on top, and that's just funny!

Next week the rockers have to write a melody and lyrics to an existing Supernova track. This should be interesting!!

Peace. Out.

PS - Zayra is wearing a belt buckle that says "PIMP". I just thought you should know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home