Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Never Alone...

I wouldn't go so far as to say I've been having a crisis of faith, but something has been going on. For the majority of this summer, I've just been struggling with how I feel about God and my relationship with Him. That's a pretty personal thing to admit, but hey, we're all friends here, right?

I can directly trace this dilemma to the fact that I've been really slack about reading the Bible lately (something I'm attempting to rectify). Without that steady foundation, it's been easy for me to drift away from communion with God and veer into that dangerous doubtful territory.

I'm not saying it's not okay to question faith. In fact, I think it's probably healthy to do so. Who wants to live their life based on the assumptions of others? You need to know for yourself exactly what you believe and why you believe it. I've really been working on that these last few months. It's been quite a journey, but I can see the light ahead.

After several months of (at least partially self-induced) silence, I'm finally feeling the tug of the Holy Spirit on my heart. I know my relationship with God is not bound up in feelings and emotions, but it's been a test to not feel anything. Literally, nothing.

So, here I am, trying to get back to doing my part in this relationship, and trusting (and knowing) that God will do His.

Never Alone by Barlow Girl

I waited for you today, but you didn't show.
I needed You today. So where did You go?
You told me to call - said You'd be there
And though I haven't seen You, are You still there?

I cried out with no reply,
and I can't feel You by my side,
So, I'll hold tight to what I know - You're here,
And I'm never alone.

And though I cannot see You, and I can't explain why
Such a deep, deep reassurance You've placed in my life
We cannot separate, 'cause You're part of me
And though You're invisible, I'll trust the unseen.

I cried out with no reply,
and I can't feel You by my side,
So, I'll hold tight to what I know - You're here,
And I'm never alone.

Peace. Out.

2 Comments:

Blogger P said...

I loved your post...it was so simple but soulful..

1:02 AM  
Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

michelle-

i think it's a mark of true humility when you can admit that you struggle. i think that's when God can do something really amazing in you.

thanks for sharing something so very personal...i pray that your journey back to knowing him again would be one that would stir your heart to never want to be far away again.

i'm definitely inspired.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home