Thursday, July 06, 2006

My own Cannes Controversy...

So, apparently, this guy feels like Murali K. Thalluri, maker of the film 2:37 is doing some underground, undercover promotion for his film on IMDb. He believes Thalluri is going by fake usernames to talk up the movie on the message boards. While that may be a little dishonest, I sympathize with the plight of the independent filmmaker and support doing whatever it takes to garner interest in your movie.

What I don't support is the user in question trying to pass my review of the film off as his own. This particular user had previously posted my review (with credit) on the 2:37 message boards on IMDb, which I love, but posting it elsewhere with no proper credit given really crosses the line.

Thanks to the anonymous blogger who alerted me to this issue. I gotta say, while I'm deeply offended and want credit for what I've written...I'm also a little excited to be in the midst of a controversy. It's so very Hollywood and only adds to my entire Cannes experience!

Peace. Out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that Murali guy must be a jerk!!

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home