Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Three Non-Grunge Artists of the 90's I Miss Most...

I'm excluding grunge bands because we all miss Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, and many others. Those are no-brainers. These are the ones I miss in addition to those...

1. Cake - I just heard their song "Long Jacket" on the radio yesterday and realized how much I miss that guy's low, monotonous voice backed by cool guitars.

2. No Doubt - You could arguably group them in with the grunge/alternative crowd, but I'm including them anyway. I love Gwen Stefani, but I miss No Doubt.

3. Third Eye Blind - I can't help it, I always loved them!

4. Shania Twain - The Queen of Crossover Country has been conspicuously absent for way too long.

5. Christney and the N'Street Boys - Perhaps I was the only one, but I quite enjoyed the Return of Pop in the late 90's. I miss Mouseketeers as pop stars! I loved Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, N'Sync, and the Backstreet Boys in those early days and miss those fun catchy tunes.

Who or what do you miss from the 90's?

6 Comments:

Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

I LOVE 90's rap. Here are a few of the many favorites I had:

Mista, they sang Blackberry Molasses.

Faith Evans, Sweet Thing

2 Pac, California

Shai, If I Ever Fall In Love

Tevin Campbell, Round & Round

okay...ore later

11:01 AM  
Blogger hansen said...

i miss offspring, and collective soul

1:37 PM  
Blogger - said...

Cake I agree with. The others, not so much. I can't love or miss most of what I loved then: Helmet, Janes Addiction, Tool, 311, Smashing Pumpkins etc. But I can miss Digable Planets, Juliana Hatfield, Dinosaur Jr., Arrested Development, Tribe Called Quest, the old Outkast and many many others.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Oh how I love the 90's!!!

Here are a few of the one hit wonders that I miss:

Last Splash- The Breeders
Counting Stars- Hum
Groove is in the Heart- Deee-lite
How Do You Talk to an Angel- The Heights
Life is a Highway- Tom Cochran
I'm Gonna Be- The Proclaimers
Whoomp... There it is- Tag Team
Breakfast at Tiffanys- Deep Blue Something
I Got a Girl- Tripping Daisy
Mother Mother- Tracy Bonham
Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth with Money in My Hand- Primitive Radio Gods

3:38 PM  
Blogger Iris said...

We saw Cake this summer. It was great. They're very much still going.

11:57 AM  
Blogger absolut_heels said...

here are a few you may (or may not) remember...

*the flaming lips- she don't use jelly
*the toadies- possum kingdom
*buffalo tom- summer song
*folk implosion- natural one
*violent femmes- blister in the sun
*blind melon- no rain
*the verve- bittersweet symphony
*seven mary three- cumbersome
*candlebox- far behind
*gin blossoms- allison rd
*the meat puppets- backwater
*emf- unbelieveable
*haddaway- what is love (baby don't hurt me)

the list could go on & on, wouldn't it be great to go back....

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home