Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Good times and old friends...

I've had a chance to appreciate good times and old friends lately. A few Saturdays ago, Jailbird Paul and Kamikazi Friday played a show in Franklin Springs for the first time in years. It was amazing how many of the "old crowd" came back out to show some love. It reminded me so much of my first years at EC, when the Mainstream was the place to be, and we all saw each other on a regular basis. This past Sunday night, Britt and Melissa White, Mel Fowler, Leah Snider and her fiance, Josh, and Paul and I, got together to hang out. We ate at Inoko's and then caused way too much of a scene at Barnes and Noble trying to decide if it was stealing to tear out a picture of a magazine without actually buying the magazine (we decided that was stealing, but pulling out the subscription inserts isn't...I mean, those things fall on the floor all the time anyway!). We had the best time, though. And then, all this week, we've had an Admissions Counselor reunion going on with myself, Donna Quick, Jamie and Kristi Cain, Philip and Mary Ann Bowen, and Angie Thompson all coming back to work this week while the current counselors are on vacation. It has been a blast! Man, that call room brings back memories! All in all, it has just been so nice the last few weeks to reconnect with people I haven't spent time with in a while. I'm hoping this is a trend that continues!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

I had a blast Sunday! We definitely have to do more of this kind of stuff in the future. Keep me posted about game night!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home