Tuesday, February 28, 2006

On my mind...

Nothing major to post today, but I feel like I need to be true to Blogger, my first love, even in the midst of my growing MySpace addiction (did you know you can search by school and look up all your old classmates?!). So, here are the things that have been floating around my brain lately. Feel free to comment on these or post the random thing you've been stuck on lately!

* RIP Don Knotts and The Juliana Theory. Obviously, those are two different kinds of deaths. Don Knotts passed last Friday due to natural causes. He was many things to many people, but he will always be Barney Fife to me! I love those old episodes where he was so young (as was little Ronnie Howard) and had that high-pitched voice. Nip it!! The Juliana Theory decided to disband so they can find "real jobs". This is so sad as I think they were one of the best acts on the rock'n'roll scene. You can check out their other reasons for breaking up on their website.

* I am going to have to decide on a thesis soon. It will determine what classes I take for my electives in the Fall and how I spend my time next Spring. There are so many things I've found myself interested in these past two semesters; it's hard to nail down just one thing to focus on. I'm really interested in the Millennial Generation, in how Christians use the mass media, and how celebrity/pop culture affects our everyday lives. Does anyone see a way to put those together in a new and unique way??? Seriously, I have no idea what to work on. I'm writing a paper this semester on how modern TV shows are setting their plot lines up to have viewers vote against the marital relationship and for an extra-marital one (i.e. Friends, Grey's Anatomy...those are the two shows I'll be focusing on!). That may be the beginning of a thesis. We'll see! I'm open to suggestions!

* Cannes! I'm fixated on what I'm going to wear while there. I know that's a really shallow thing to think about, but it keeps me from dwelling on the fact that I'll be spending a month in a foreign country without my husband!

* 24 and Grey's Anatomy continue to totally rock my face off each week.

* Spring Break is only 10 days away...Hallelujah! I love my job and even living in Franklin Springs, but I need a break once in a while! I'll be working in Nashville this weekend (yay!) and then in NC for Spring Break. Hopefully I'll come back nice and refreshed and ready to finish this year in top form. While in NC, I plan to see a childhood friend who now sings lead in a Neil Diamond cover band. I am so excited about this, it's really ridiculous!

Peace. Out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

the wheeler family is about to get bigger :-)yeah! you can never have too many wheelers.

i am on spring break right now, and i only wish that it was refreshing. i hope yours goes better than mine :-)

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home