Friday, January 20, 2006

Oh, what a night!!!

So, as you all know by now, Wednesday night was the Bon Jovi concert in Charlotte. Words cannot describe how giddy I was going into this night! And the best part is I wasn't let down!!!

Bird, Ashleigh, Tiffany and I split up so that Ashleigh and Tiff could go ahead to Dixie's Tavern in uptown Charlotte while Bird and I finished getting ready. We had heard (well, I had called and found out) that the local radio station would be giving away tickets to watch the concert from on stage at Dixie's before the show, so we went to see if we could score some. We were willing to prove we were the biggest Bon Jovi fans in the house by answering trivia questions, playing name-that-tune, or otherwise embarrassing ourselves in whatever way was required to get those tickets. But, alas, you just put your name in a jar and it was luck of the draw. The good thing is Jon didn't really pay that much attention to those people on stage anyway! :)

So, we headed out to the new Bobcats Arena, which is beautiful! Our seats were on the lower level, not on the floor, but not up really high. If you were looking at the stage, we were slightly right of center. Though we would have loved to have been right up front, our seats were pretty good.

The show started with an opening band that wasn't very good...but maybe we were just too ready for the main attraction! The music started and we could see the band setting up in the darkness. All of a sudden, we hear the voice, but we can't see anything! Finally, we realize Jon is out on a mini-stage in the middle of the crowd!! It was an amazing way to get the crowd pumped!

I don't want to go on and on and bore you here, but the show was unbelievable! The energy was great, Jon looked great, the song selection was great (for the most part), Jon looked great, the sound mix and huuuuuuuge screen was great, Jon looked great! I've seen footage of Bon Jovi (and other) concerts where these girls are just screaming and going nuts and I've thought...what is their deal? I mean, I know you love them and everything, but geez. Well, all that went out the window! I screamed my head off!! The four of us girls just fed off of each other (and the other 15,000 adoring fans!) and went nuts!!!

The best (and worst) part of the show was near the end when Jon moved back out into the audience for a few songs. He sang Bed of Roses out there and PULLED A GIRL ONSTAGE and DANCED WITH HER during the GUITAR SOLO!!! O...M...G!!! And then...then...he KISSED a woman right on the lips! And the crowd went WILD!! All at once I felt ecstatic on behalf of that woman and like I wanted to punch her for being chosen instead of me!

Yes, I know I was acting like a complete idiot and a total fanatic, but I couldn't help it! It was a little bit true emotion and a little bit mob-mentality as the whole place was acting just like I was!!

It was a wonderful night. There were a few songs that were on my wishlist that didn't get played (Always, In These Arms, and Lay Your Hands On Me), but overall it was such an awesome experience. Highly recommended!

3 Comments:

Blogger Barrett said...

Awesome...yeah, big concerts are great. Although i fear that your boy Jon stole that 'pull a girl from the crowd and sing to her and then kiss her' think from Bono. He's been doing that since the Joshua Tree tour.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Barrett said...

think=thing.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yeah, from what I hear this wasn't the first time for Jon either!

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home