Wednesday, July 27, 2005

How do I love thee, TiVo, let me count the ways...

I love my TiVo. No, seriously. I love my TiVo. There aren't many things I'd say this about, but if someone asked me to do a commercial or give a testimonial about TiVo...I'd do it. In a heartbeat. I don't know how people live without it.

Now, I know you are probably wondering, "What's the big flippin' deal with TiVo?" There are three, no, four main things I love about it:

1. You can pause during live TV and then come back to it at your leisure. This is a priceless feature for a Resident Director of a girls dorm! Not that I mind, but my phone rings a lot and my door receives many knocks in the primetime hours. It is so nice not to stress out about whether or not I'm missing an important part of my favorite show. I can just hit pause, take care of business, and jump right back in, even fast forwarding through commercials. Which leads me to...

2. You can fast forward through commercials! If you're watching something that's been recorded earlier or you start a program about 15 minutes late, you can fast forward through all of the commercials! If you pause to step away and then come back to it, you can fast forward until you get caught back up with what's currently on. I'm so used to this that I regularly try to fast forward the commercials of whatever I'm watching wherever I am!

3. The movies. Oh, the movies! I can search for things to record based on category. I select "Movies" and it shows me ALL of the movies coming on for the next two weeks. It doesn't matter what network. You cannot imagine the joy this brings me. So, every two weeks or so, I scroll through the movies, select the ones I want to record, and then get surprised whenever they show up in my "Now Playing" list!

4. The Season Pass. There's nothing worse than getting involved in a show and not being able to see every episode. Or missing a pivotal episode. Or forgetting what time it comes on and missing it completely! With TiVo, you just sign up for a "Season Pass" and it will automatically record every episode of that show for the entire season. You don't even have to think about it anymore!

I know, I know. I sound like a walking advertisement. I really am not overstating it to say that TiVo will change your life. You may be thinking "I don't watch enough TV to make it worth it." The thing is, no matter how much you watch or what type of TV you watch (movies, sports, re-runs, new shows), TiVo just makes it more convenient to watch anything. You are no longer ruled by the TV Guide...you get to decide when you want to watch whatever it is you want to watch.

So, if you want to have your TV viewing changed for the better, just call this toll-free number... No, I'm kidding. I just truly love my TiVo and want to sing its praises whenever I get the chance. I hope someday you too discover the joy of TiVo!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to say a hearty amen to the TiVo testimonial! Seriously, once you go TiVo, you can never go back. I find watching TV at my family and friends place (except yours) extremely frustrating. I always try to fastforward and pause.

I'll even offer a 5th point. TiVo alone is worth it, but the dual tuner TiVo is heaven. I can be recording 2 shows at the same time AND watch something recorded earlier. Perfect for those nights where you have viewing conflicts...Veronica Mars and NCIS on the same time? No problem.

Yeah TiVo!! And how about those TiVo suggestions...nothing like an old MacGyver or Friends episode as a nice surprise.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Barrett said...

i concur.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Why does it NOT surprise me that this blog came from none other than the TV guru herself!

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home