Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Grad School, Here I Come!

I'm planning to start on my MA in Communications next month and went yesterday to meet with an advisor about my classes. I had already looked to see what was being offered in my concentration (Telecommunications) and had a good idea of what I wanted to take. I literally talked with an advisor for about eight minutes before he approved my desired schedule and sent me back up to the secretary's office with my paperwork. At UGA, you actually register yourself for classes online, but each semester you have to meet with an advisor. Anyway, all that to say, I now have three classes lined up for the Fall (Proseminar in Mass Comm., Research Methodology in Mass Comm., and Programming and Criticism in Telecommunications), and I'm so excited!

Being on UGA's campus was such a surreal experience...one that I'm sure will be magnified once I actually start classes. It was like being a little tiny Freshman all over again. I don't know where to park! I can't find my building! It was exciting, too, though. Now all I have to worry about is what I'll wear on the first day of class! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Barrett said...

are you and Paul still living in F.S.? that is a beastly drive every day. eek. but now that i think about it, my dad did it like 30 years ago, so i am sure you can handle it.
congratulations Michelle!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yes, we're still in FS. It's about 40 minutes from Jackson Hall to my parking lot at UGA...that is, of course, taking the chicken truck I'm bound to get behind into account! It's not THAT bad and I'll only be going three days a week at most (hopefully only two!).

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home