Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Inspired...

I've mentioned to a few people that I think I got inspired while in Cannes. I say "think" because I've had movie-making on the brain ever since, but no real concrete ideas. I'm one of those people who definitely does better on a project when I have clear direction. When someone says "just do whatever you want" or "you can choose any topic", it freaks me out and my mind goes blank. You can imagine the stress I'm feeling over my looming thesis!

Well, the inspiration has finally crystalized and I have a project I'm excited about. I'm hesitant to say too much about it for a few reasons. (1) You never can be too cautious...who knows if Jerry Bruckheimer or Harvey Weinstein is secretly reading my blog, just waiting for that great American story to pop out so they can snatch it out of my grasp! And (2) it's so, so, SO early in the development that I'm not even sure if it will actually happen. Wait, I don't want to be that pessimistic. It will happen, I just have no idea what kind of time frame we're talking about. I don't want to set myself up for failure by over-hyping it or talking about it too much, but I'm so excited and wired about it, I just had to share.

So, hopefully this time next year I'll be making the film festival rounds looking for distribution. Hey, a girl can dream, right? Cross your fingers! :)

Peace. Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home