Sunday, November 26, 2006

You were always on my mind...

Maybe I didn't treat you quite as good as I should have
Maybe I didn't love you quite as often as I could have
Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time
You were always on my mind

I've often wondered about the woman on the receiving end of this famous Willie Nelson song. How must she have felt hearing this message? "I know I've been pretty absent and a terrible partner, but hey, I was thinking about you the whole time!" Would that have been good enough for her? I don't think it would be enough for me.

As I was drifting off to sleep the other night, I was talking to God as I often do. I realized with a start that I was quoting almost these exact lines to God. "God, I know I'm busy and stressed right now, but you're there in the back of my mind, I promise."

If that's not good enough for me, how can I expect it to be good enough for God? Sure, life gets busy and our relationship with Him may ebb and flow, but our actions should reflect His position in our minds and hearts. It's a challenge, but one I'm trying to work on day by day.

Peace. Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home