Friday, November 10, 2006

Chaotic...

So, if you read celebrity news at all, you probably already know that Britney and Kevin have decided to part ways. I had considered not mentioning at all (I'm trying to limit the celebraholism on the blog these days), but at the request of several readers, I'm weighing in. Here's what I think...

In general, I am very much against divorce, particularly among Christians. This might be a controversial view, but I really believe that any two Christians should be able to make any marriage work. Yes, that's a theoretical statement. Outside of centering your relationship around God and His principles, however, I'm not sure I really even understand how any long-term relationships work. The feeling I get is that we are very selfish, self-centered, not-willing-to-compromise kind of people. (Is our culture actually training us to be that way? Hmm...thoughts for another day.) Yet long-term relationships (married or not) require us to be sacrificing, compromising, putting-another-before-ourselves kind of people. Do you see the problem, here?

As for celebrities, I honestly feel like their relationships are put under more pressure than the average person's. And sometimes it's just not going to work. Especially if they're not responsible to a higher power to stay committed and try to work things out.

So, having said all of that, I'm sorry to see yet another marriage fail, but I hope this works out for the best for everyone involved. We've all seen poor Britney Spears in the last three years since she's been with K-Fed. Bless her heart, but "chaotic" is a nice word to describe her transformation while she was with him. Hopefully, she'll now be able to move further in her career and with her family. And the same for Kevin.

Popozao. Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home