Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Something for everyone...

Here are the things that captured my attention today...

* Alice in Chains is planning to tour this summer with a new lead singer (original singer Layne Staley died a few years ago). Knowing this, I'm disappointed that's it's not Rock Star: Alice in Chains!

* Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard (two people who fall into the category of "I love them, but I'm not sure why") are engaged and expecting a baby. Congrats on both accounts.

* On a sadder note, Britney Spears is apparently no longer sexy. I feel bad for the girl, but she had to see this coming, you know? I mean, really...ditch K-Fed, start wearing clothes that fit now (not the ones that fit two years ago), and record some new music. She could totally be a hot mom, she's just got to try a little.

* The History Channel is doing a series this week entitled "10 Days That Unexpectedly Changed America". I'm not a huge history buff, but this sounds really interesting. I bet there not the 10 days you'd expect.

* American Idol contestants will be performing songs by Queen tonight. That has got to be the most ridiculous category for songs ever! I love me some Queen, but unless you're MiG Ayesa or Freddie Mercury himself, you just shouldn't be singing those songs. It should be really interesting, though, and I'm really hoping someone chooses to sing "Fat-Bottomed Girls", because that song makes me laugh. Every time. (...and speaking of MiG - if you want to hear him at his best, listen to his "Baby I Love Your Way" from Week 6 Performances.

Seacrest. Out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Rhodes said...

I personally thought that American Idol SUCKED tonight! If they don't hurry up and send Bucky home, I'm going to stop watching it. I can't take much more of that HICK! So how are the Wheeler's?

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so I'm on this "old person" blog, lol. I did watch the 10 Days that Unexpectedly Changed America...but couldn't get past day two.

It was just not my area-o-history...it was too boring, however, the day before Easter, the National Geographic channel had a program called Science in the Bible, and it was really good, especially if you believe that a tsunami or volcanic eruption somehow caused the Red Sea to split and allow all those people to go through, yet not those bad people at the end (rotfl). Of course, there are spekulations that it's not the RED SEA but the REED SEA, and that the pillar of salt thing didn't happen either!

(side note: I AM TOTALLY FOR THE PILLAR OF SALT! THAT'S ONE OF THE COOLEST THINGS IN THE BIBLE! I wish I could turn someone into a pillar of flippin' salt...there'd be plenty of salt piles on this campus, rotfl.)

The funny thing is that while NeoGeo is against the Bible in many ways, the Discovery Channel seems to be on the Bible's side. I'm so glad that DisCh has evolved from videotaping animals having sex to debating the validity of the Bible! AMAZING what happens in a decade!

Just something you have to pay attention to, and since you are one of millions of Uh-mer-i-cans who are glued to the t.v. as I am glued to my computer (lovely analogy), I'M SURE YOU'LL FIND THAT OUT! ;-)

Ok...I'm tired now. Hope you laughed at that, but not too hard. Don't want your old-nes to fall apart.

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home