Monday, January 02, 2006

Surprise, surprise!

Well, hello, there everybody! It seems like it's been forever since I was here last! Paul and I had a wonderful Christmas...lots of visiting friends and family and some great quality time together (we were a little short on that after this semester!).

Since I was little, my sister and I have always done Christmas wish lists. I like doing lists because it ensures you get things you actually want, but the downside is there aren't many surprises. Well, this year...I was surprised!

My mom called me a few days before Christmas and asked if I would like to spend a day shopping in New York City! Of course, I said YES I would love to go! My cousin, Lauren, works for USAir and was able to score some buddy passes. So, Lauren and her mom, my Aunt Kim, and my mom and I all flew up to NYC for the day last Tuesday and shopped and shopped and shopped!!

We went to Macy's, Forever 21 (which is 3 stories!!), H&M, the Bag Man (the most random store ever where I found the cutest pair of shoes), the Cinderella Club (no, it's not a strip club, it's a cute little jewelry store sort of like Claire's or the Icing, but WAY better), and Canal Street (where I found an awesome knock-off Balenciaga bag!). We ate lunch at Macy's, dinner in Little Italy, and dessert in Times Square. We were out until 1 AM and had the best time! Thanks, Mom!!!

View of the Empire State Building from Macy's


You gotta love a street called "Fashion Avenue"!

At the restaurant in Little Italy (from left: Lauren, Mom, me, Aunt Kim)

1 Comments:

Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

Oh I am SO jealous! Glad you had an amazing time!!!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home